According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), an estimated 50 to 70 million American adults suffer from some type of sleep disorder. The cause of this nationwide exhaustion is attributed to a wide range of factors, including technology”s ever-growing hold over the population, and that old American standby: poor diet.
It”s so bad, in fact, that the CDC has called insufficient sleep in America a “public health hazard.” So if you”re one of those Americans who doesn”t get enough sleep, then you might want to avoid these creepy vintage photos. They”ll fuel your nightmares, and they certainly won”t help you in the sleep department…
1. The room of animal death.
2. Hopefully these are just masks.
3. Clowns…I don”t like clowns.
4. I have no idea what”s going on here. Whatever it is, I don”t like it.
5. That”s a nasty way to go.
6. She apparently had some powers.
7. There”s nothing more terrifying than a skeleton smoking a cigar.
8. Worst garden gnomes ever? I think so.
9. Check out these ghostly twins.
10. And then there”s this horrifying vintage face swap.
11. He”s watching from the darkness.
12. A double exposure, maybe?
13. They”re waiting for you in the fog.
14. Here we have the scariest family portrait ever.
15. Weasel masks? Weasel masks.
16. If you ever need your car resurrected, these vintage Satanists have you covered.
17. I always knew there was something creepy about nuns.
19. I really hope these are just dolls…
21. Just looking at this guy”s face is horrifying.
22. This is the creepiest restaurant I”ve ever seen.
23. Out of context, this photo is a nightmare.
24. Then there”s this not-so-empty morgue…
25. They”ve been waiting for you. Just look up.
27. No matter where you are, beware the skull and crossbones.
If you”ve made it this far, I”d like to offer my condolences for the amount of sleep you”re going to lose tonight (or this week, for that matter). On the bright side, at least you can use that time to catch up on Netflix.
Might I suggest avoiding the horror section?